Jobs at DMA
Why Work with Us?
Share your passion for science, programming, gaming, engineering, art and robotics with kids/teens from all over the world. Our mission is to provide experiences that help young people gain both the confidence and skills that will help them in school and life.
When you work for DMA, you join other passionate innovators/educators who believe in unlocking the curiosity of young people. You’ll work with some of the most creative, talented and engaged people you’ll ever meet and form bonds that last a lifetime. You’ll be surprised by how much of a difference you’ll make this summer!
Visit our FAQ page for commonly asked questions and details on 2020 summer job openings.
Inspire and Grow at Digital Media Academy
Learn how working at DMA can boost your portfolio and help find your passion.
DMA offers competitive pay rates at the upper tier of the summer camp industry.
Explore different positions, acquire new leadership + technical skills to boost your career or portfolio.
Network with other industry pros, use the latest software + inspire the next generation of creators.
Exciting Summer Experience
A fast paced setting, unique course offerings + passionate staff make the DMA experience one-of-a-kind.
Browse Our Available Positions
We are currently hiring for both temporary summer positions and permanent corporate roles. For a table of summer camp dates by location please visit our FAQ page.
Join our summer team! Many of our staff members have gone on to bring the leadership skills they cultivate at DMA to careers in technology, design, arts, and management and cite their time with us as a period of growth and professional development. We’re proud of our team and think what we do is meaningful.
Digital Media Academy’s culture is built by a dedicated team of people who are at the cutting edge of our industry! Located in Silicon Valley and Vancouver, our staff enjoys a fun and creative environment where we take pride in developing the next generation of innovators and creators at our camps and programs across the nation.
International Immersion Staff
Every year DMA hosts groups of students from countries all over the world. Staff members for our International programs demonstrate the highest level of cultural sensitivity and leadership excellence. Apply for a position with our International programs and be part of a unique, life changing experience.
Learn About the Hiring Process
To begin the hiring process, submit your application and resume via our job portal for the position(s) of your choice. Our HR team will begin reviewing applications in December 2019. Note: You do not have to submit separate applications if you are interested in multiple Instructional positions.
Applicants who meet our criteria and hiring needs will be contacted within 1-2 weeks to schedule an interview. If we are able to offer you a position, you will receive an offer letter usually within 2-14 business days (this will vary at different times of the year) after your interview(s) and we ask for a response within 48 hours. Once you have accepted your offer, you will receive your hiring paperwork via email in March 2020. For those hired after March 2020, you will receive your paperwork within 1-2 business weeks.
We hire on a rolling basis as positions open up. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the dates for the camp locations?
- Stanford University: June 15 – August 7
- UC San Diego: June 22 – July 24
- University of Washington – Seattle: July 13 – August 7
- University of Chicago: June 29 – July 24
- Austin, TX: June 15 – July 10
- New York University: July 13 – August 7
- Harvard University: July 27 – August 21
- Meredith College: June 29 – July 24
- George Washington University: June 29 – July 31
- University of British Columbia: July 6 – July 31
- University of Toronto: July 6 – August 14
Paid on-site orientation and camp setup for each location take place the Thursday, Friday and Saturday prior to the first day of camp. EX: First day of camp at Stanford is June 15, orientation and setup take place June 11, 12 and 13.
What positions are open for Summer 2020?
We hire on a rolling basis and openings change routinely. However, as of February 21, 2020 we are hiring for the following roles:
- Stanford – Tech & Logistics Assistants, Teaching Assistants (all subjects), Instructors (all subjects except Digital Photography and 3D Modeling/Animation with Maya), Day Camp Counselors
- UW Seattle – Camp Director, Tech & Logistics Assistants, Instructors (Filmmaking, 2D and 3D Animation, Artificial Intelligence & Data Science), Teaching Assistants (Filmmaking, Animation), Overnight Camp Counselors
- UC San Diego – Teaching Assistants (Animation, Music Production, Graphic Design), Instructors (Artificial Intelligence & Data Science, Filmmaking)
- Austin, TX – Tech & Logistics Assistants, Instructors (3D Modeling & Animation with Maya)
- U.Chicago – Teaching Assistants (Filmmaking, Music Production), Instructors (2D and 3D Animation, Artificial Intelligence & Data Science), Overnight Camp Counselors
- GWU in D.C. – Tech & Logistics Assistants, Teaching Assistants (Music Production, Graphic Design, Digital Photography), Instructors (2D and 3D Animation, Digital Photography, Graphic Design), Overnight Camp Counselors
- Meredith in Raleigh, NC – Tech & Logistics Assistants, Teaching Assistants (2D and 3D Animation, Filmmaking, Music Production), Overnight Camp Counselors
- Harvard – Tech & Logistics Assistants, Teaching Assistants (all subjects), Instructors (all subjects except Music Production, Filmmaking and Digital Photography)
- NYU in Manhattan – Tech & Logistics Assistants, Teaching Assistants (Film, Music Production, Artificial Intelligence & Data Science, Game Design with Unity), Instructors (Filmmaking, Artificial Intelligence & Data Science)
- U.Toronto – Tech & Logistics Assistants, Teaching Assistants (All subjects), Instructors (Music Production, Startups & Entrepreneurship), Overnight Camp Counselors
- UBC in Vancouver – Camp Director, Tech & Logistics Assistants, Teaching Assistants (all subjects except photography, graphic design and animation), Instructors (3D Printing, Artificial Intelligence & Data Science, Java, Filmmaking, Arduino Robotics, Game Design with Unity)
Can I apply for multiple positions?
We encourage our staff to apply for any position that fits their interests or career paths. It is our job to help you find your place on the DMA team. We do, however, require different applications for each job category. For example, our summer and corporate staff require two separate applications. You may apply for multiple positions within each category, but if you would like to apply for different teams, you must submit separate applications.
I am a returning staff member. Do I need to reapply?
Each employee must “apply” for their desired position. If you are applying for the same position as last year, you will only have to complete some basic information. If you are applying for a position that is different than your prior role, you will have to complete a new application.
I am from a country outside of the US and Canada, can DMA support my Visa?
No. We are not a sponsoring organization of work visas from countries outside our business regions. DMA can only support Canadian citizens who would like to work at our Canadian sites, and US citizens who would like to work at our locations in the United States. Employees with dual Canadian/US citizenship may work in both countries. Digital Media Academy does NOT provide paperwork or support for the visa process.