Digital Media Academy’s culture is built by a dedicated team of people who are at the cutting edge of our industry! Located in Silicon Valley, our staff enjoys a fun and creative environment where we take pride in developing the next generation of innovators and creators at our camps and programs across the nation.
Online Learning Support Specialist
K-12 Education; Online Learning
April 20, 2020
Remote, temporary, part-time from April 20 – August 31st, approximately 3 – 4 days/week. Possibility to be renewed depending on Online Platform usage. This is a contractor position.
$500 – 700/wk commensurate with qualifications and schedule.
Customer Success; Educational Support; Learning Coach
Digital Media Academy continues to set new standards in Innovative STEAM education since its start in 1999 on the campus of Stanford University training teachers how to bring technology into the classrooms. In 2002 Digital Media Academy began offering project-based technology education at Tech Camps. Tech Camps has since grown to a global network of over 200k students. Digital Media Academy currently offers technology education camps at Stanford, Harvard, University of Toronto and other prestigious universities in North America and the world.
Digital Media Academy’s new Certified Schools offering provides our expertise in technology education directly to schools globally. Certified Schools provides K -12 schools with an affordable, practical solution that seamlessly integrates rich technology skills and concepts into core content areas. We are working to empower a million educators to enable a billion students with technology education.
- We are obsessed with student’s and educator’s success in learning and teaching.
- We work to better advocate for the needs of our incredibly diverse K-12 users.
- We offer competitive compensation, an incredible office experience, and a small dedicated team of experienced professionals to work with.
As the Online ‘STEAM’ Educator you will act as the expert instructor and learning coach on Digital Media Academy’s online, self-paced, STEAM Learning Lab. As the head of the virtual classroom, the STEM Educator will engage with and support learners through a variety of courses in the areas of Computer Science & AI, Game Design, Creative Design, Robotics & Machine Learning, and Digital Storytelling. You have a strong understanding of a variety of technology education subject areas and have experience delivering online, self-paced learning to a large group of students. You are patient, friendly, and are able to communicate clearly with young learners.
In this role, your goal is to engage, motivate, and support learners from around the world as they work through and complete our courses. You will be available as required to respond to student support queries, and/or engage with learners in real-time chat to offer your guidance. Further, you will use your educational expertise to continue to refine, update and enhance courses to improve student experience, and assist students to become creators of technology rather than just consumers.
The ‘hats’ you will wear:
- The Supporter – Deliver high quality online and virtual support to drive engagement and usage of the STEAM Learning Lab courses.
- The Enabler – Provide learner support that goes beyond solving problems by proactively enabling our users with what they need to succeed.
- The Relater – Maintain strong communications with learners enrolled in the courses and proactively provide suggestions on effective use to support learners to get the most out of the courses.
- The Developer – solicit customer feedback and recommend improvements to content, user experience, and communications. This involves maintaining a growth mindset, and continuing to ask the question ‘How could I make the learning experience better for our students?’
We are looking for an innovative thinker and passionate educator who gets things done right and has experience delivering powerful online learning experiences for students aged 7-18 .
- At least one year of experience in online training, and/or account management.
- Experience with K-12 education. Experience as an instructor with DMA is excellent.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Experience working remotely and independently
- A bachelor’s degree or higher or relevant equivalent experience.
- A dynamic, enthusiastic, upbeat individual who connects well with others and has a collaborative attitude.
- Organized, methodical, and detail-oriented; with an ability to complete tasks right the first time.
- A self-starter with a passion for improving education through technology.
- Someone with the ability to inspire learners to innovate, create and problem-solve.
- Someone who understands pedagogy, the growth mindset, and 21st-Century Skills.
- Flexible to support a global customer base. Sometimes at unusual hours.
How To Apply:
Applications close on 4/15. Email your current resume to Jamie@digitalmediaacademy.org. To elaborate on your qualifications, you may include a cover letter, however it is not required.
We thank you in advance for your interest and application. Please know that due to the number of applications only those candidates short-listed will be contacted.