DMA’s culture is built by a dedicated team of people who are at the cutting edge of our industry! Located in Silicon Valley, our staff enjoys a fun and creative environment where we take pride in developing the next generation of innovators and creators at our camps and programs across the nation.
Instructional and Curriculum Developer
- Reports to: Director of Academics
- Salary: $60,000 – $70,000 annually
- Location: Local to Los Gatos, CA or Redding, CA preferred
- Documents: Resume, Cover Letter
- Job Type: Full-time
We are seeking a candidate with experience in the following fields: teaching, technology and curriculum development. Familiarity with either of the following topic areas is required: GameDevelopment and/or Programming.
Candidates with familiarity in multiple topics or coding languages preferred, however advanced proficiency in each topic is NOT required.
- App Development
- Unity and Unreal
- Game Development
- Machine Learning & AI
Our Digital Media Academy Instructional and Curriculum Managers will:
- Guide and develop academic products and programs that meet target market demand and increase student enrollment.
- Improve market perception of the company’s academic products against key competitors to build the company’s competitive edge.
- Develop an innovative and executable course roster to strengthen the company’s reputation as leader in STEM education.
- Improve program instructional quality and instructor satisfaction with effective training and quality content.
- Develop cutting edge academic products through research and development on the landscape of STEM learning.
- Aim for exceptional learning experience and customer satisfaction through staying informed on current learning management platforms and best tools for academic product development.
- Assist sales and marketing team in lead generation, customer acquisition and retention initiatives.
- Assist sales and marketing team in building strategic partner relationships.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage development of academic products, set instructional standards, facilitate interviews and assessment for hiring, and evaluation of academic product content and delivery.
- Serve as course and program thought leader; refine and clarify the vision courses; establish best practices to support company’s approach to teaching and learning.
- Provide general oversight and direction to courses, including working toward standardization and cohesive learning objectives.
- Research and analyze data and trends to design rich courses and content, attractive to students, teachers, and their parents.
- Research and conceptualize the company’s academic product offerings.
- Lead/manage development life cycle of update and new academic product offerings.
- Manage academic product development contractors to develop integrated curriculum, serving as content area experts.
- Coordinate academic product testing (with students and teachers) to validate projects and course design; incorporate resulting feedback.
- Develop and implement an online and in-person training program for program instructional staff.
- Encourage instructors to cross-sell and upsell students across company-wide academic product offerings.
- Provide online and classroom instructional services.
- Work with company HR and hiring managers to improve standards for hiring teachers and TAs, and conduct interviews.
- Provide detailed and specific course asset requirements (i.e. software, hardware specs etc.) to company Tech Team and Logistics.
- Observe instructors and students to evaluate effectiveness of academic products and generate ideas for revisions, new courses, and program improvement.
- Cultivate strategic partnerships for obtaining course assets, content, potential brand promotion and sales opportunities.
- Work with a design mindset to create positive experiences for teachers and students
Due to the seasonal nature of the core business of the company, employee may be required to participate in activities that are not outlined in this job description.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Teaching experience, credentialed teachers preferred
- Curriculum development experience
- Experience delivering professional development and staff training
- Ability to work with and manage a remote team of curriculum developers
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Must be able to learn new ideas, tools and concepts quickly
- Ability to communicate promptly and effectively with multiple teams
- Must have proficiency in programming and/or game development
- Familiarity with any of the following languages or topics (familiarity with multiple languages or topics is preferred but not required): C#, Java, Python, iOS App Development, Unreal, Unity, VR/AR Game Development, Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
How to Apply: Email your resume and cover letter email@example.com